The one with fruit pigmented technology.
Meet 100% Pure, an organic beauty brand that aims to provide healthy skincare, quality bodycare, and natural cosmetics. Using the highest quality ingredients, 100% Pure offers 100% natural, 100% cruelty-free, and 100% pure products. Their products contain no synthetic preservatives, toxic chemicals, artificial fragrances, or artificial colors. They say they offer “truly health food for your skin.”
It’s reassuring to know that they are brands like 100% Pure that facilitate transitioning into #greenbeauty products. Surprisingly, there are many toxic chemicals in many commonly used brands. In recent years, these toxic ingredients have been clinically proven to cause numerous side effects, which include anything from skin irritations to cancer. #sorrynotsorry to scare y’all, but it’s true (see all those lawsuit commercials on tv). From a medical standpoint, yes these are all risks to using products containing toxic ingredients. One person can develop only a skin irritation, while another person can possibly get cancer. However, like all other medical conditions, using these toxic chemical brands will not be the only reason one gets these side effects, rather many things have to be taken into account. Enough of the medical rant, back to 100% Pure.
I love the idea behind 100% Pure’s cosmetic line because they use fruit pigmented patent-pending technology to add color to their cosmetic products. So what are fruit pigments anyway? They say that “fruit pigments are what makes strawberries red, what makes blueberry skin blue – fruit pigments are fruit colors.” All their cosmetics are colored not only with fruit pigment but with vegetable pigmentations as well. The beauty of these fruit pigments is that it still contains all the vitamins and antioxidants found the fruits. So in addition to adding color makeup to your face, y’all are adding the vitamins and antioxidants directly onto your skin. In my books, that’s a double win. I got my makeup on, and I got added benefits to help my skin look youthful. 🙂
So it turns out that the brand I’ve been following on Instagram just so happens to have a storefront at the local mall (any of y’all from SoCal, they have a store location at Del Amo Fashion Center in Torrance, CA). I guess it’s been a while since I’ve been to the mall or just happened to not pay too much attention (sorry 100% Pure, please forgive me, but I found you anyway, so let’s be friends). 🙂 Oh am I glad they’re local, and I hope they stay forever. I’ve been in the store a couple of times just to browse and see firsthand what they got to offer. Anything from skincare to bodycare to cosmetics, they’re seriously a one stop shop. The ladies at the Del Amo location are so warm and knowledgeable. I swear I asked a million questions, and they happily answer every single question I had. Awesome customer service!
Today, I knew I had to check out 100% Pure again because I’m due for a new foundation and concealer. For many years now, I have been a mineral powder foundation kinda girl. I absolutely love it because I like that I can add a few drops of face serum or oil to the loose powder to create a liquid foundation concoction for a more dewy look. I also have been using a cream concealer for many years as well, but am looking for one that is on the nontoxic side. So again, I went into 100% Pure with another million questions, and the ladies there were the sweetest. The one that assisted me helped color match me. My current gripe about their face cosmetics products is that they’re limited in color range and their colors aren’t consistent between products. What I’m sayin is that they have 8 foundations shades to choose from, which in my opinion is just not enough to cover a wide range of skin tones. Also, like I mentioned, the colors aren’t consistent between the products. The White Peach Fruit Pigmented Cream Foundation is not the exact same color are the White Peach Fruit Pigmented Foundation Powder. So odd, but now y’all know it’s important to get color matched. 🙂
After literally spending over an hour in the store, this is what I got (spoiler, I walked out with more than just a foundation and concealer):
- Fruit Pigmented Foundation Powder in White Peach. I opted for this one because I don’t know how my oily skin will react to a cream or liquid foundation (it’s seriously has been a long while since I’ve used any of those). This foundation powder is a pressed-powder that offers medium coverage with a matte finish. I was told that this powder is buildable to a fuller coverage if desired. 100% Pure says that this is a “super lightweight face powder to give you a beautiful, flawless, poreless complexion.”
- Full ingredients: Oryza Sativa (Rice) Germ Powder, Pigmented Extracts of Prunus Persica (Peach) Fruit, Prunusm Armeniaca (Apricot) Fruit, Theobroma Cacao (Cocoa Bean), Carica Papaya (Papaya) Fruit, Punica Granatum (Pomegranate), Vaccinium Macrocarpon (Cranberry) Fruit, Fragaria Vesca (Strawberry) Fruit, Rubus Idaeus (Organic Raspberry) Fruit*, Prunus Serotina (Organic Wild Cherry) Fruit* and Vitis Vinifera (Cabernet Grape) Fruit, Extracts of Matricaria Chamomilla (Chamomile) Leaf, Calendula Officinalis (Calendula) Flower, Camelia Sinensis (Organic White Tea) Leaf* and Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Fruit, Eucalyptus Globulus (Eucalyptus) Leaf Powder, Oils of Linum Usitatissimum (Flax) Seed, Rosa Damascena (Rose) Flower, Punica Granatum (Pomegranate) Seed and Persea Gratissima (Avocado), Mica, Tocopherol (Vitamin E), Sodium Ascorbate (Vitamin C), Citral**,Eugenol**, Geraniol**, Citronellol**, Farnesol** and Linalool**
- Sun Screen Active Ingredients: 12% Titanium Dioxide, 7% Zinc Oxide
- Certified Organic ** Component of Natural Essential Oil
- Fruit Pigmented Long Lasting Concealer in White Peach. I opted for the white peach concealer because it is a lighter shade than the white peach foundation powder, so hopefully it’s perfect for creating that highlighting effect under the eyes. 100% Pure says that this is a “long lasting coverage that will resist water, sweat, oil, and caking, while simultaneously delivering nutrients, hydration and skin protecting antioxidants.”
- Full ingredients: Zinc Oxide, Shea Butter, Candelelia Wax, Extracts of Organic Green Coffee*, Organic Rice Powder*, Peach, Carrot, Cocoa, Apricot, Lavender Powder, Chamomile, Organic Rosehip Oil*, Vitamin E (a-tocopherol), Vitamin C (ascorbyl palmitate), Cocoa Butter, Extracts of Organic Rosemary*, Organic Oregano*, Organic Thyme*, Organic Grapefruit Seed* and Organic Goldenseal* * Certified Organic
- Cocoa Pigmented Bronzer in Cocoa Glow. I opted for a new bronzer as well because my old one was, well, old. I figured might as well buy a new bronzer while I’m at it. 100% Pure says that this “100% Natural bronzer will give you a warm, beautiful, sun kissed glow instantly from pigments of cocoa, coffee, tomato and berries.”
- Full ingredients: Theobroma Cacao (Cocoa Powder) Extract, Theobroma Cacao (Cocoa) Seed Butter, Pigments of Theobroma (Cacao), Prunus Armeniaca (Apricot) Fruit, Prunus Persica (Peach) Fruit, Punica Granatum (Pomegranate), Rubus Fruticosus (Blackberry) Fruit, Rubus Idaeus (Raspberry), Coffea Arabica (Coffee) Seed, Papain (Papaya), Solanum Lycopersicum (Tomato) Fruit/Leaf/Stem, Camellia Sinensis (Black Tea) Leaf and Euterpe Oleracea (Acai Berry) Fruit, Lavandula Angustifolia (Lavender) Flower Powder, Rosa Canina (Rosehip Oil) Seed, Persea Gratissima (Avocado) Butter, Sodium Ascorbate (Vitamin C), Tocopherol (Vitamin E), Mica (Natural Shimmery Mineral)
- Fruit Pigmented Pretty in Naked Blush. I opted to add a nude neutral blush to my vanity. I’m typically a brighter blush wearer, so this is definitely a change for me, but I’m excited for it. Seriously, a girl could never have too many blushes (or makeup, in general).
- Full ingredients: Oryza Sativa (Rice) Starch, Rosa Canina (Rosehip) Seed Oil, Persea Gratissima Oil (Avocado Butter), Theobroma Cacao (Cocoa) Seed Butter, Pigmented Extracts of Theobroma Cacao (Cacao), Prunus domestica Fruit (Plum), Punica Granatum (Pomegranate), Rubus Idaeus Fruit (Raspberry), Rosa Centifolia Flower (Rose Petal), Fragaria Vesca Fruit (Strawberry) and Prunus Serotina Fruit (Cherry), Punica Granatum (Pomegranate) Extract, Lycium Chinenes Fruit (Goji Berry) Extract, Sodium Ascorbate (Vitamin C), Tocopherol (Vitamin E), mica (natural shimmery mineral
- Maracuja Mascara in Dark Chocolate. I opted for a nonblack mascara because I wanted a softer everyday eye look. I have to admit I’m not a mascara user at all, but I’m hoping to change that. I decided to give this a go because I trying new cosmetic products so might as well do as whole new makeup look. 100% Pure says that this “100% natural, 100% Vegan, gluten free mascara gives your lashes great volume and drama while holding your curl.”
- Full ingredients: Camellia Sinensis (Green Tea) Leaf Extract, Tocopherol (Vitamin E), Euphorbia Cerifera (Candelilla) Wax, Oryza Sativa (Rice) Bran Wax, Coconut Stearic Acid, Pantothenic Acid (Pro-vitamin B5) and Fucus Vesiculosus (Seaweed) Powder, Theobroma Cacao (Cocoa) Seed Butter, Passiflora Alata (Maracuja) Seed Oil, Extracts of Aloe Barbadensis (Organic Aloe Juice) Leaf*, Oryza Sativa Germ Powder (Rice Powder), Theobroma Cacao Extract(Cocoa Powder), Coffea Arabica Seed (Coffee Beans), Origanum Vulgare (Oregano) Leaf, Thymus Vulgaris (Thyme) Flower/Leaf, Rosmarinus Officinalis (Rosemary) Leaf, Lavandula Angustifolia (Lavender) Flower/Leaf/Stem, Hydrastis Canadensis (Goldenseal), Passiflora Alata (Maracuja) Seed, Lonicera Caprifolium Flower and Lonicera Japonica (Honeysuckle) Flower Extract, Vegetable Glycerin, May Contain Iron Oxides * Certified Organic
And that’s my 100% Pure cosmetic newbies. I’m excited to test these products out and give y’all full reviews about each and every single item. Have y’all used any of their cosmetic? How are y’all liking or disliking them? Like always, got any questions, comments, or suggestions just comment below.
Do you want the Fruit Pigmented Foundation Powder in White Peach? Check out Fruit Pigmented Foundation Powder White Peach. Priced at $39.
Do you want the Fruit Pigmented Long Lasting Concealer in White Peach? Check out Fruit Pigmented Long Lasting Concealer White Peach. Priced at $39.
Do you want the Cocoa Pigmented Bronzer in Cocoa Glow? Check out Cocoa Pigmented Bronzer Cocoa Glow. Priced at $39.
Do you want the Fruit Pigmented Pretty in Naked Blush? Check out Fruit Pigmented Pretty Naked Blush. Priced at $39.
Do you want the Maracuja Mascara in Dark Chocolate? Check out Maracuja Mascara Dark Chocolate. Priced at $39.