The one that uses Siberian cedar nut oil.
Meet Facial Cleanser, Rejuvenating Serum, and Moisturizing Facial Lotion from Lyeska. This is the first of many brands from the Indie Beauty Expo I will be chatting with y’all. Lyeska was also featured on My Top 10 Indie Beauty Expo Get To Know List post (check it out to read about the other brands I mentioned.) 🙂 Founder, Katya definitely put on an elegant display at the Indie Beauty Expo which showed off her beautiful products as well as the coveted Siberian cedar nut oil.
The name Lyeska is inspired by the Russian word for forest, “Lyes.” Katya wanted Lyeska to honor the Siberian forest, which encompasses the Siberian cedar nut tree. After discovering the harmful ingredients in the products she once used, Katya decided to return to her roots in Russia where she rediscovered the Siberian cedar nut oil and its potential in skincare. Lyeska was started to offer natural and effective skincare but developed into “an ethical, sustainable business that supports healthy and natural lifestyles, and to share the unique gifts and traditions of her home country.” All this, thanks to the Siberian ecosystem. 🙂
When I first approached Lyeska, I never even knew about the Siberian cedar nut. Katya was kind enough to inform me about the benefits of it. The properties and benefits are similar to any other nut oil but different in its own unique way. It contains:
- Essential Fatty Acids- the building blocks for the outer lipid layer of the skin. Helps improve skin elasticity and firms the skin. Good source of hydration to prevent dryness.
- Phospholipids- natural fat substance of the skin. Helps restore skin from damage. Another good source of hydration to prevent dryness.
- Amino Acids- molecular building blocks for skin proteins, collagen and elastin.
- Vitamin E- a powerful antioxidant to protect from the damages of everyday pollution.
Now let’s move on to the goodies.
Starting with the Facial Cleanser.
- From Lyeska: “Our gentle facial cleanser combines the restorative properties of Siberian cedar nut oil with a beneficial blend of apple, burdock root and calendula to cleanse your skin without stripping away its natural oils, promoting anti-inflammatory, healing and soothing benefits and leaving your skin clean, soft and radiant.”
- Full ingredients: Aloe Barbadensis (Aloe Vera) Leaf Juice*, Decyl Glucoside, Sodium Cocoyl Glutamate, Pinus Sibirica (Cedar) Nut Oil, Glycerin, Coco-Glucoside, Glyceryl Oleate, Sodium Lauroyl Lactylate, Lactobacillus Ferment, Water, Salix Nigra (Willow) Bark Extract, Pyrus Malus (Apple) Fruit Extract, PCA,Arctium Lappa (Burdock) Root Extract*, Calendula Officinalis (Calendula) Flower Extract*, Lavandula Angustifolia (Lavender) Flower Oil*, Citrus Junos (Yuzu) Flower Oil, Rosa Damascena (Rose) Flower Oil*, Schizandra Sphenanthera (Schisandra) Fruit Extract, Citrus Sinensis (Blood Orange) Peel Oil, Rosmarinus Officinalis (Rosemary) Leaf Extract*, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil, P-Anisic Acid, Sclerotium Gum, Xanthan Gum *Organic ingredients
- Thoughts: It’s been awhile since I’ve used a cream cleanser, and it totally felt good! 🙂 I’m a bit embarrassed to say but I didn’t know whether I should use this on dry or wet skin, so I did both. 🙂 On dry skin, it worked like a cleansing oil. My face felt nice and clean without an oily residue. On wet skin, it slightly foamed giving me a deeper cleansing action. It really did, and I was thoroughly surprised. In both cases, I did need a second cleanse. While it did remove my light everyday makeup, it did not remove my foundation and mascara too well.
Continuing on to the Rejuvenating Serum.
- From Lyeska: “Naturally repair, detoxify, brighten, firm and revitalize your skin with this powerful antioxidant blend of vitamin E-rich cedar nut oil, vitamin C-rich black currant, green tea, peptides and other beneficial natural and organic ingredients, while protecting your skin from free radicals and environmental damage.”
- Full ingredients: Water, Pinus Sibirica (Siberian cedar) Nut Oil, Lactobacillus Ferment, Glycerin*, Oryza Sativa (Rice) Seed Extract*, Camellia Sinensis (Green Tea) Leaf Extract*, Ribes Nigrum (Black Currant) Fruit Extract, Bentonite, Hexapeptide-11, Sodium Hyaluronate, Betula Alba (Birch) Leaf Extract, Dipotassium Glycyrrhizinate, Calendula Officinalis (Calendula) Flower Extract*, Lavandula Angustifolia (Lavander) Flower Oil*, Citrus Aurantium Amara (Neroli) Flower Oil, Citrus Aurantium (Petitgrain Bigarade) Leaf Oil, Pelargonium Graveolens (Geranium) Flower Oil*, Bisabolol, Boswellia Carterii (Frankincense) Resin Extract, Rosmarinus Officinalis (Rosemary) Leaf Extract*, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil*, P-Anisic Acid, Sclerotium Gum, Xanthan Gum *Organic ingredients
- Thoughts: I used this one as directed—after the cleanser and before the moisturizer. This one I loved! 🙂 It absorbed so nicely and quickly on my face. Really though, my face probably loved it even more than me. 🙂 I was only lucky enough to use this for about week, but within that week, I noticed the texture of my skin improve. It truly did help rejuvenate my skin. Sometimes I don’t notice how dull my skin is until I use a product that brings it back to life, and this is what the Rejuvenating Serum did for my face.
Finishing off with the Moisturizing Facial Lotion.
- From Lyeska: “This lightweight moisturizer provides pure nourishment and lasting smoothness for all skin types. The high concentrations of anti-oxidants and fatty acids in Siberian cedar nut oil work in combination with wild rose hip and organic shea butter to regenerate, replenish and protect your skin.”
- Full ingredients: Aloe Barbadensis (Aloe Vera) Leaf Juice*, Rosa Damascena (Rose) Flower Water*, Pinus Sibirica (Siberian Cedar) Nut Oil, Ethyl Macadiamate Cetearyl Olivate, Sorbitan Olivate, Glycerin, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea) Butter*, Leuconostoc/Radish Root Ferment Filtrate, Cetyl Alcohol, Sodium Hyaluronate, Hordeum Vulgare (Barley) Seed Extract, Rosa Canina (Rosehip) Seed Extract, Oryza Sativa (Rice) Powder, Rosmarinus Officinalis (Rosemary) Leaf Extract*, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower)Seed Oil*, Matricria Recutita (German Chamomile) Flower Extract*, P-Anisic Acid, Glyceryl Caprylate, Bentonite, Xanthan Gum *Organic ingredients
- Thoughts: As y’all probably can tell, I also loved this one! It helped lock in the Rejuvenating Serum and seal in the hydration. I think it works so well in conjunction with the serum. In my opinion, y’all can’t have one without the other. Sometimes (actually, more often) my nose gets dry and chapped specially when I blow my nose too much (damn you all-year-round allergies). This Moisturizing Facial Lotion really helped heal and resolve that concerning issue of mine. Within a couple of days, my nose was looking good again. 🙂
It was a short one week, twice daily use of these three Lyeska samples, but I thoroughly enjoyed them until the last scrapes. I’m so glad for the chance to experience Lyeska and the Siberian cedar nut oil. But, I feel so blessed and grateful for meeting Katya in person. I know there aren’t many opportunities to meet the mastermind behind the products and brands in the #greenbeauty community. So I feel very fortunate. 🙂
Do you want one? Check out Facial Cleanser to purchase the full sized 4.4 oz. Priced at $38.
Don’t forget! Check out Rejuvenating Serum to purchase the full sized 1 oz. Priced at $65.
This one too! Check out Moisturizing Facial Lotion to purchase the full sized 1.9 oz. Priced at $54.