The one I reach for when I need to face detox.
Meet The Pele Mask from Mahalo Skin Care, a high-quality and high-performance skincare straight from Hawaii (yes, from Hawaii!!!). This is a dry mask that is hand-blended in small batches. Oooo, do I loooove dry masks. For reals, one of my best parts of my skin ritual is applying a mask (yes, I have many dry masks in my arsenal that I will chitchat about to y’all). This Pele Mask is a detoxifying mask made to revitalize the skin and draw out unwanted impurities.
With 26 high-performance ingredients, it’s a concentrated bioactive formula perfect for a luxurious weekly treatment. If you have dull and tired skin, it helps to calm inflammation and boost circulation and cell renewal to unveil glowing skin. If you have blemished prone or oily skin, it helps to combat and heal blemishes as well as detoxify and tighten pores. If you have mature skin, it helps to reduce signs of aging for a youthful appearance.
I love using this when I want to give my skin an extra little loving. This mask does wonders for my face. Every time I use it, my skin looks and feels radiantly refreshed. It transforms my skin to reveal a glowing complexion just like what I would receive at the spa. When it is activated (by water, honey, apple cider vinegar, etc), the powder turns into a soft mousse-like texture, which cause those 26 high-performance ingredients to begin working its magic. I typically leave the detoxifying treatment on my face for about 30mins depending on the activator I use at the time. A lil heads up, you may experience a warm, tingling sensation at first and a bit of redness when the mask is removed, but it will go away on its own with time. However, if you know you have sensitive skin, I recommend activating the Pele Mask with honey or even yogurt for a more gentle treatment.
The creators of Mahalo Skin Care, husband and wife duo, Mark and Maryna named this mask after the Hawaiian Volcano Goddess Pele. This hand-blended mask contains an array of outstanding ingredients:
- The anti-inflammatory, Turmeric.
- The botanical gold.
- Rich in curcumin.
- Contains anti-inflammatory properties to help reduce redness.
- Used to treat wrinkles, acne, hyperpigmentation, eczema, hives, and mature skin.
- The supercharged botox plant, Hibiscus.
- Rich in alpha-hydroxy acids to help exfoliate and speed up skin cell turnover, as well as control acne breakouts.
- Contains antioxidant properties against free radicals.
- Used to reduce pores and firm and lift skin.
- The ancient Hawaiian superfruit, Noni.
- Rich in vitamin C for collagen boosting properties, as well as selenium for antioxidant properties
- Contains antioxidant properties against free radicals to provide nourishment, preserve skin elasticity, and reverse the effects of aging.
- Contains anti-histamine properties to soothe hives and allergic reactions.
- The bacteria absorbing, Activated Bamboo Charcoal.
- Purifying soot to absorb bacteria, toxins, and micro-particles and draw out filth from pores.
- The anti-aging, Neem.
- Problem skin miracle worker.
- Rich in vitamin C.
- Contains anti-bacterial properties to prevent recurrent blackheads, control old production, and delays signs of aging.
- Used to treat sensitive skin, oily skin, blemish proned skin, and hyperpigmentation.
- The acne fighting, Holy Basil.
- The queen of herbs.
- Contains healing properties to prevent inflammation, tighten pores, and lighten scars and marks.
- Used to treat eczema, acne, blemishes, and irritations.
- The oxygenating, Cayenne.
- The prince of spices.
- Rich in vitamin C and E.
- Contains antioxidant properties to open clogged pores and stimulate blood flow to bring oxygen and essential nutrients.
- The plant of immortality, Aloe Vera.
- A miracle skin plant.
- Rich in 75 nutrients, 20 minerals, 12 vitamins, 18 amino acids and 200 active enzymes to aids in skin glow and improve firmness and lighten skin.
- Used to treat acne.
- The sebum balancing, Witch Hazel.
- Rich in tannins for astringent properties.
- Contains anti-inflammatory properties to balance oil production, unclog pores, reduce swelling and eye puffiness, as well as clears and firms skin.
- The toxin magnet, Volcanic Ash Clay.
- One of the most potent and effective healing clays.
- Powerful detoxifier to draw out toxins and impurities.
- Used to treat skin ailments, acne, blemishes, and scars.
- The wrinkle fading, Guava.
- Rich in vitamins A, B, C, and potassium.
- Contains antioxidant properties to prevent oxidation and in cells reduce signs of aging, improve skin texture, elasticity, and complexion, as well as protects from UV damage.
- Used to treat wrinkles, acne, and blemishes.
Full ingredients: volcanic ash clay, azadirachta indica (neem)*, carica papaya (papaya)*, morinda citrofolia (noni)*, rhassoul clay, bambusa arundinacea charcoal (bamboo), hibiscus sabdariffa (hibiscus)*, theobroma cacao (raw cacao)*, L-ascorbic acid (vitamin c), black lava hawaiian salt, aloe barbadensis (aloe vera)*, curcuma longa (turmeric)*, zingiber officinalis (ginger)*, calendula officinalis (marigold)*, ocimum sanctum (holy basil tulsi)*, centella asiatica (pennywort)*, sodium bicarbonate^, hamamelis virginiana (witch hazel)*, santalum spicatum (sandalwood), salix alba L. (white willow bark)*, capsicum annuum (cayenne)*, musa spp (banana)*, psidium guajava (guava)*, zingiber officinalis (ginger), citrus aurantium var. bergamia (bergamot fcf)*, vetiveria zizanioides (vetiver), santalum paniculatum (Hawaiian sandalwood)*
*clean ingredients: organic + local and/or wild harvested (when available)
^free from aluminum
Do you want one? Check out Pele Mask to purchase and experience the wonders of the Pele Mask.
Pele Mask in bamboo jar only. The bamboo jar highlights the shape of Big Island, Hawaii. Priced at $60.
Treatment Bamboo Brush only. Vegan, fine synthetic fibers. Measures 4in. in length. Sturdy and sustainable with soft bristles for even and perfect application coverage. Priced at $20.
Pele Mask set with bowl+brush. Handmade turquoise ceramic mini bowls. Embossed with a Mahalo wax seal, it is the perfect accompaniment for any treatment experience. Priced at $100.
Pele Mask refills. Already have the bamboo jar, but running low? Look under the lid for a coupon code. Priced at $60. When used with coupon code, the refills are $40.