The one that’s good but not pretty.
Hi, y’all!!! Guess what time it is?!? It’s another my #stankfreechallenge update. If y’all are lost about what I’m talking about check out the STANK FREE CHALLENGE post and STANK FREE CHALLENGE UPDATE post. I’ve already tested five other deodorants, so if y’all missed it check out the STANK FREE CHALLENGE BLISSOMA post, STANK FREE CHALLENGE PRIMALLY PURE post, STANK FREE CHALLENGE VIOLETS ARE BLUE post, STANK FREE CHALLENGE HONESTLY PHRESH post, STANK FREE CHALLENGE BLISSOMA 2.0 post and a mini review on the GRATEFUL NATURALS post.
Here it is, meet Citrus Deodorant from Lone. I received this deodorant from the cousin after learning about my #stankfreechallenge. She bought a few of their products and happily gifted this one to me to add to the current lineup. I’m so grateful to family and friends who send me recommendations and goodies to try out! They’re all so awesome! 🙂 Now, let’s get to it.
- Full ingredients: Precipitated Dead Sea Salts in Distilled Water, Saponified Organic Coconut Oil, Candelilla Wax, Vegetable Emulsifying Wax, Grapeseed Oil, Organic Coconut Oil, Witch Hazel, Carnuba Wax, Jojoba Oil, Stearic Acid, Essential Oil of Orange, Sodium Borate, Essential Oils of Grapefruit, Lime, and Neroli
- Upon initial application, the product glides on well, but it leaves a residue. No matter the amount I apply on, there is always a residue. It’s like some sort of granular like substance that most resembles sand. Appearance wise, it’s definitely a turn off, specially if I’m wear anything sleeveless.
- It’s an off-white color that’s typical of most natural time deodorants.
- The initial smell test. I love it! I love the citrus smell!
- Final smell test. This was a good one. It definitely kept me #stankfree. The citrus smell did dissipate a bit by the end of the day, but I was not stinky whatsoever. I’m totally happy with the smell factory of this deodorant! 🙂
- Final thoughts. While I did enjoy that this deodorant kept me smelling good after a day’s use, I did not like that it left a residue to my underarms. Even though I’ve adjusted how much I applied and still with one light swipe, I ended up with residue on my underarms. Within a few hours is when I notice the residue, which is visible to the eye. In fact, my sister commented that I had “deodorant balls,” which made me more aware of the situation. It’s just not visual appealing, and it really left me feeling self-conscious the rest of the day.
So I did reach out to Lone regarding this issue. After a few back and forth emails, it seems to have been a batch issue. Lone informed me that they just made a major change in their production process, so I received a pre-changed batch. I’m so glad to have heard that. I love when brands listen to their customers to make tweaks and improve on formulations when needed. I have hopes for the new version, which they generously sent me one to check out. 🙂
With the year ending, I’ll be posting a #stankfreechallenge round-up update featuring all the deodorants I have tested out so far. So be sure to check that out for a complete and comprehensive list of natural deodorants that have (and not) kept me #stankfree. 🙂 May your pits be #stankfree.